Driver Owner-Operators (CDL w Doubles Cert): Get Paid Practical Miles!
|Hires recent graduates||No|
|(H) Hazardous Materials||Yes|
|(X) Tanker + Hazardous Materials||No|
|Minimum OTR Experience||12 months|
(past 3 years):
Get in the ground floor - Join an industry leader. We offer a very competitive compensation package and have opportunities nationwide.
The majority of our Owner-Operators’ runs consist of picking up full van trailers at one of the UPS Freight Service Centers and running them to another UPS Freight Service Center. At that point, they will drop the loaded trailer and hook to another full load or empty trailer. If empty, the driver may be asked to pick up a truckload shipment at a shipper in the area. Our goal is to dispatch Owner-Operators back to their home terminal approximately every ten days to two weeks.
Our primary operating area is the eastern half of the US and to California. The northern plains states aren’t frequent destinations for us, although we do go there. We do service a few locations in New England but we do not go to NYC. Owner-Operators are not assigned to terminals. They are assigned a dispatcher located in UPS Freight’s General Office in Richmond, Virginia.
- Minimum age 23 1/2
- Minimum 1 year experience driving tractor trailer combination
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
- No accidents or other serious deficiencies involved in the 2 moving violations
- No DUI or drug/alcohol test refusal in last three years
- Must have HazMat endorsement
- No license suspension for moving violations or DUI during past 3 years
- Must be able to scale 45k of freight in a dry van trailer
- 10 years old or newer
- 5th wheel height not more than 49 inches above the ground
- Weight not to exceed 19,500 lbs with fuel tanks one-half full
- Must have an annual DOT inspection less than 90 days ago
- Must pass our shop inspection on day of orientation
- Must be a tandem axle tractor with a sleeper